Edit an AAAA record
AAAA records match your domain to an IPv6 IP address, similar to A records which do the same but with IPv4 address. While AAAA records are less common than A records, they're gaining popularity alongside the increased adoption of IPv6 addresses. An IPv6 address is represented as eight groups of four hexadecimal digits, such as 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234. You can edit your AAAA records at any time in your DNS zone file.
- Sign in to your GoDaddy Domain Portfolio. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select an individual domain to access the Domain Settings page.
- Select DNS to view your DNS records.
- Select the checkboxes next to the DNS records you need to edit and then select Edit.
- Select Edit next to an individual record to edit a single record instead.
- Edit the details for your AAAA record.
- Name: The hostname or prefix of the record, without the domain name. Enter @ to put the record on your root domain, or enter a prefix, such as blog or shop, to create a subdomain that points to an IPv6 address.
- Value: The IPv6 address the record corresponds to. This is commonly the IP address of your hosting account in IPv6 format, such as 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:6a2e:0371:7234.
- TTL (Time to Live): The amount of time the server should cache information before refreshing. The default setting is 1 hour.
- (Optional) Select Add More Records to add multiple DNS records at the same time. If you change your mind, select Delete to remove any records that haven't been saved yet.
- Select Save to confirm your edits. If you added multiple records at the same time, select Save All Records.
- If your domain has Domain Protection, you'll need to verify your identity. If you've had 2-step verification (2SV) turned on for at least 24 hours, enter the code we sent via SMS, or enter the code from your authenticator app. Otherwise, enter the one-time password we sent to your registrant email address.
Most DNS updates take effect within an hour but could take up to 48 hours to update globally.
- Delete an existing AAAA record if you no longer need it.
- Create a DNS template to quickly apply DNS records to your domains.
- Get started with professional email and stay connected to your community.