You can enable SSH in your hosting account. SSH is a secure method of connecting to your hosting account to upload files, move files, and execute commands with the Linux command line.
SSH access is only available for Deluxe, Ultimate, or Developer Managed WordPress plans. SSH access is not available for Basic Managed WordPress plans.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Next to Managed WordPress Websites, click Manage.
- Click the image that matches what you see in your account:
- Click the SSH & SFTP tab.
- Next to SSH Access, click the box to Enable SSH.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click the Settings button under the site you want to make changes to.
- Under Basic settings pannel, click the SSH toggle to enable SSH.
- Now that SSH is enabled, you can connect to your Managed WordPress account with SSH, by using your SFTP credentials.