Enable SSH for my cPanel hosting account
SSH is a secure method of connecting to your hosting account to move files and execute commands. Here's how to enable SSH for your cPanel hosting account.
Note: You don't need to configure any public or private keys with cPanel hosting.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the Dashboard for your cPanel account, under Settings click Server.
- Next to SSH access, click Manage.
- Click the SSH access switch to turn it on. The switch turns green and your SSH credentials appear in the list. Use these credentials to log in to cPanel via SSH.
- Now you can connect via a SSH client.