Import customers to my WooCommerce store
This article will show you how to import your customers using the WooCommerce Customer/Order/Coupon CSV Import Suite plugin, regardless of whether you're migrating from another platform or simply looking to make bulk changes.
- Sign into WordPress.
- Navigate to WooCommerce and select CSV Import Suite.
- Select the Import Customers button.
- Choose how you want to import your customers. The most common option is CSV or tab-delimited text file. You can also use a URL or file path, or copy the data directly from another file. In this section, we'll be using the 1st choice.
- Click on the Choose file button and select your local file.
Note: Make sure you've formatted your file before uploading it. You can use this link to find out more about the accepted customer data.
- Click Next after you've chosen your file.
- On the next page, you'll find options to help you with the import. These options aren't necessary for the import to complete, but if you want to use any of them, please do so, we strongly recommend taking the time to go through our documentation here to understsand how they will affect the import.
- Refer to the Preview section to confirm that the data format is correct, then click Next.
- Map your file's column headers. Usually, the fields are already mapped to the correct headers, but you should double-check to avoid any issues during import.
- Click on the Dry Import button when you're ready.
Note: The dry import can be skipped if you wish, but please keep in mind that the live import is the final step. Once the import is complete, any changes you make to your shop cannot be undone. To prevent issues from arising during the live import, we recommend running the dry import first.
- The results of the dry import will appear on the next page. You can View detailed results if you notice any issues. At the top of the page, click the Run a live import now button or change your settings by clicking Change import settings and start over.
Note: When you click to proceed with the import, you may experience a delay due to the number of customers you're trying to import. Your site imports are processed in batches in the background, so you can leave without worrying.
- Verify that the process has been completed by visiting WooCommerce and clicking on Customers.
Note: Make sure that any relevant orders have been imported if you don't see any customers. WooCommerce won't display customers who haven't placed any orders.