List my business on Google
Google My Business offers a way to boost visibility for your business by displaying your hours, phone number, and location in Google Search and Maps results. By connecting your site to Google My Business, you can manage it and other social media connections from one central location, including creating a social media post and importing reviews.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Open your site.
- For Website Builder: Scroll down to Website Builder and select Manage next to the website you want to change.
- For Digital Marketing: Scroll down to Online Marketing and select Manage next to the site you want to change.
- Open your social media marketing hub.
- For Website Builder: From your dashboard, select Marketing > Social.
- For Digital Marketing: From your dashboard, select Social.
- On the Google My Business card, select Connect.
- Select Create Listing if you don't have an existing Google My Business listing. (Select Connect a Listing if you already have a Google My Business listing.)
- When asked how you run your business, choose the option that best describes your business type and select Looks Good.
- Fill out the form, including what business category best describes your site, and select Next. You can add to this later.
- Google looks for existing businesses similar to yours. Since we are starting fresh, choose No, create a new listing.
- Sign into an existing Google Business account (you'll be prompted to let GoDaddy interact with your Google account), or select No, I don't have an account.
- You'll be prompted to verify your phone number and other contact info.
- It will take a few days for Google to verify your business information. After you are verified, return to Marketing > Google My Business from your Dashboard to manage your hours, create a post and more.
Note: See Is my business eligible? to see if your business qualifies for Google My Business. Basically, you need to serve people locally, either brick-and-mortar (a store people can walk into) or a face-to-face service (like a photographer or dog walker.) If your site doesn't qualify, you'll be prompted to improve your website's SEO instead.
- Is my business eligible?
- Why my business Information may be rejected
- Take ownership of my Google My Business account page if you already have a Google My Business listing you want to connect to.
- Find out more on Google's support page for Add or claim your business listing.
- Set a temporary closure for my business in Facebook, Google My Business and Yelp