Make your WordPress version private with the Sucuri Security plugin
Keeping your WordPress version private is important if you don’t regularly update your website to the latest version. Older versions of WordPress can have vulnerabilities displayed in the changelog, and therefore they can be easily targeted by malicious visitors. We recommend keeping your WordPress website up to date.
- Log in to WordPress.
- In the left-hand menu, select Sucuri Security > Settings.
- Select the Hardening tab.
- Find the section labled Remove WordPress Version.
- If the section is red, select Apply Hardening. If it’s green, the hardening is already applied.
Note: If you can't apply hardening for this feature, it may already be handled by your hosting platform.
Protect your website further by activating the other Sucuri Security options:
- Block PHP files with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Remove the WordPress readme file with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Disable the theme and plugin editor in WordPress with the Sucuri Security plugin
- Use the Sucuri Security plugin to protect your WordPress website
- Improve WordPress security
- If you don't want to deal with website security yourself, we also have a GoDaddy paid website security service that can take care of that for you. The service also includes site cleanup.