Outlook 2007 and 2010: Update with patch
This video and the instructions below it explain how to download and install the software patch that will enable you to continue using MS Outlook 2010 or 2007 with your Microsoft Office 365 email account.
You can set up your Office 365 email address in Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010. However, before you do, the client needs to be updated with a patch to support Office 365.
- Go to the Microsoft Download Center.
- Under Office 365 Desktop Setup Tool for Office 2010 and Office 2007, click Download.
- Click Save file.
- Open the
.exefile that downloads.
- In the Microsoft Office 365 desktop setup window that appears, log in with your Office 365 email address and password.
- Click Continue, then click I accept.
- When the updates have completed, click Finish.
If you see the error message: Your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements, you will have to set up Outlook using POP or IMAP, instead of Exchange.
- Once the update has completed, you should be able to set up your Outlook 2007 or 2010 without issue.