Outlook 2007: Troubleshooting
Use the following information to troubleshoot common issues when setting up email in Outlook® 2007. In the meantime, you can always use Workspace Webmail (http://email.secureserver.net) to keep in contact with customers, friends, and family members.
Step 1: Make Sure You Can Connect to Workspace Mail
First, connect to Workspace Mail in your Web browser to make sure you have an account and that your user name and password work. Go to http://email.secureserver.net, and log in.
If you can't log in, double-check that your email account is set up and you have the correct email address and password. You might need to contact the system administrator who set up your account. For more information, see Set up email addresses.
Step 2: Double-Check Your Settings
Adding server and account information can be tricky; it's easy to mistype a letter or two. Double-check that you're using the correct incoming and outgoing servers (host names), email address, and password to connect to your email account.
Your server names might also be different than our default setup depending on which type of email plan you have and where you purchased it. See Finding my email program's settings for more information.
Step 3: Try Different SMTP Ports
Typically, port 80 works most of the time, but sometimes ISPs or network providers block specific ports for security reasons. If port 80 doesn't work, you can try some alternate ports.
As a troubleshooting step, you must have enabled SMTP relays for your account. For more information, see See your SMTP relays.
To Change Your Outlook SMTP Port Settings
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2007. From the Tools menu, select Account Settings.
- Select the account you want to change and click Change.
- Click More Settings and select the Advanced tab.
- Next to Use the following type of encrypted connection, select SSL.
- Next to Outgoing Server (SMTP), type 465. Click OK and click Next.
- If those settings don't work,repeat steps 1-3 and select None for Use the following type of encrypted connection. Try these other ports for Outgoing server (SMTP): 80, 3535, or 25.
- Click OK and Next to see if the other ports will work.
Step 4: Contact Customer Support
If you've gone through these steps and still can't get your email account to work on your device, please contact customer support. We have access to some additional tools, and there might be an issue with your email account that we can solve.
As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.