Purchasing Your Own Red Hat Enterprise Linux License
Some of the information in this article is advanced material we make available as a courtesy. Please be advised that you are responsible for properly following the procedures below. Customer Support cannot assist with these topics.
To continue using Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), you can purchase Red Hat Enterprise Linux from Red Hat directly on their site.
- Log in to the Red Hat Network website or your Satellite server.
- Go to the Systems tab in the top navigation bar, then select the name of the old system or duplicated system in the System List.
- Click delete system in the top-right corner of the page.
- Confirm the removal of the system by selecting the Delete Profile button.
- As root at the command line, delete the file (if it exists) /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid from your system by running the command: rm /etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid
- Run the following command to register your system with the update agent:rhn_register
Note: For more information on the rhn_register command, see Red Hat's documentation What is the command rhn_register used for?.
- When re-registering, enter the license you purchased from Red Hat directly.