Safely update plugins on my websites
In Pro Sites, you can use the Safe Update tool to update plugins and revert the changes immediately if something goes wrong.
You need to enable Premium Backups to use this feature.
- Log in to your Pro account. (Need help logging in?)
- Click Pro Clients and select Pro Sites.
- Click Overview in the left sidebar.
- In the Updates section, select the plugins by checking the box on the left side and then click Safe Update.
- Select I want to perform a visual comparison to create a screenshot of websites before and after the update and then click Safe Update.
- Click Compare in the notification in the upper-right corner to compare the website before and after the update.
- If the website is not the same after the update, click Restore.
To update all plugins, themes and the WordPress core all at once, hover over Update All in the upper-right corner and then click Safe Update.