Unlock my domain
We keep your domains locked to keep them secure. Locked domains can't be transferred to another registrar or account. When you make changes to a domain's settings, such as updating nameservers or contact information, we automatically unlock and re-lock the domain name. To transfer your domain name, however, you must unlock it.
Note: If you can't perform the steps below, it's possible your account itself is locked. You might not be able to unlock your domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
• Registering or transferring a domain name
• Updating the registrant contact's organization
• Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
Looks like you're not logged in. If you log in above (under ), we can save you a couple of steps.
- Go to the Domain Settings page.
- On the Domain Settings page, under Additional Settings, click the Edit link next to Domain lock.
- Click the toggle to Off.
Note: Allow up to 15 minutes for changes to complete.