Unzip files in cPanel hosting
If you have a compressed file, you can extract it after uploading it to your cPanel hosting account. You can extract
.zip files to Linux.
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the upper left corner of the account Dashboard, click File Manager.
- In the cPanel File Manager page, navigate to the directory in which the file to be unarchived is stored.
Note: You can only extract one file at a time and it cannot exceed 20MB.
- Select the file and then click Extract in the action bar.
- (Optional) Enter the location where you want the files extracted. If you enter a new directory, cPanel creates it - otherwise, the file is extracted to the home directory.
- Click Extract File. Your file is extracted in the selected destination directory. All files and directories are now uncompressed.