Unzip files in Managed WordPress
You can unzip (extract) files in your Managed WordPress plan through the File Browser. A zipped file is a compressed file format that allows you to store and transport multiple files in one location. To unzip a file, you'll first need to identify if it's a zip file. Look for the extensions .ZIP or .zip at the end of the file name.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- On your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, select Manage All.
- For the website you want to unzip a file in, select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings page and in the Tools section, next to File Browser, select Open.
- Once inside the File Browser and from the left-menu, select the folder you want to upload your zip file into.Note: In WordPress, zip files will usually be plugins or themes. These should be uploaded to their corresponding folder in the /wp-content folder. For security reasons, PHP execution is limited in Managed WordPress.
- From the toolbar, select Upload. Drop your zip file onto the space provided or select Browse to locate and select it from your local computer.
- Select the zip file you uploaded, select the menu from the toolbar, and select Unarchive.
Congrats! You've uploaded and unzipped a file. Check out the related steps for information on activating your plugin or theme.