Upgrade my monitored domain to a backorder
Upgrading a monitored domain to a backorder will give you the chance to acquire a registered domain. You'll still get notifications if there are any updates to the domain after upgrading
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center.(Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select Buy & Sell > Backorders and Monitoring.
- Check the box next to the domain you'll be modifying, then select Upgrade to Backorder.
- Select Public for the backorder type.
- Select I have read and agree to ..., then select Next. If you don't have enough credits, select Buy Credits to purchase more, then come back here to complete the upgrade.
- Edit your contact information if necessary, then select Next.
- You'll see a confirmation message that your changes have been submitted and updates will process within a few minutes, then select OK.
- What happens after I backorder a domain?
- If the backorder is not successful, you can apply the backorder credit to another domain name or request a refund.