Upgrade to business hosting
Note: This article outlines how to upgrade from cPanel shared hosting to cPanel business hosting. If you need more resources on your shared hosting, but you don't need the dedicated power of shared hosting, you can upgrade your resources instead.
Before you upgrade
Before you upgrade your shared hosting to business hosting, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Billing - Business hosting is billed on 1, 3, 6, 12, 24, 36, 60 or 120 month intervals. If your current hosting is not billed at one of these intervals you will need to switch to one of these billing cycles in order to be able to upgrade to business hosting. For this to take effect the current hosting must be purchased at the desired billing cycle and therefor many of our customers opt to switch to the 1 month billing option.
- Migration - When you upgrade to business hosting, you are moving your hosting to a new server. This will automatically update DNS for all domains on the hosting account if they are in the same GoDaddy account. If your domains are in a different account or a different provider, you will need to update those domains to point them to your new business hosting account.
- Resources - Generally, business hosting will have more resources than your shared hosting account. However, in some cases you may run into storage or memory limits on business hosting. Make sure to check our resource limits chart to ensure you are upgrading to the right plan. If you have a large amount of data stored on your hosting account, such as older backups, you may need to delete some of this data in order to ensure that your migration is successful.
- Billing - Business hosting is billed on 1, 3, 6, 12, 24, 36, 60 or 120 month intervals. If your current hosting isn’t billed on one of these intervals, you’ll need to switch your billing cycle to upgrade to business hosting. You can renew your hosting account for 1 month to switch your billing interval, and then upgrade to Business Hosting.
How to upgrade
- Log in to your cPanel hosting account.
- Click Upgrade.
- Choose the business hosting option you want, and click Upgrade.
- Review your purchase, then click Buy Now to complete the upgrade.
Your account upgrade will typically take from 10 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your sites. You will be notified when the upgrade is complete. Your sites may experience intermittent downtime until the upgrade is complete.