Upgrading to Web Hosting from Classic Hosting
If you currently use a Classic hosting account, you can upgrade it for free to a Web Hosting account, which offers improved performance.
Before upgrading your hosting account, we recommend backing up any databases in your account. For more information, see Backing up and Restoring MySQL or MSSQL Databases.
When migrating to a Web Hosting account, you cannot switch your hosting account's operating system. However, after the account migrates, you can switch it.
To Upgrade to Web Hosting
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Click Options or Upgrades next to the domain name you want to use.
- Go to the Customize tab.
- From the Plan menu, select the new Web Hosting plan you want to use. You'll know which plans these are because they display as [Plan Level] Web Hosting [Operating System].
- Click Save Changes.
- Complete any necessary purchases.
If the option to upgrade to Web Hosting is not available, confirm the options below:
- Does the account have any Access databases? If so, you must remove them from the account to upgrade. For more information, see Delete database.
- Are there any MSSQL 2005 Databases setup currently? If so, you need to update these to upgrade. For more information, see Upgrading a MySQL or MSSQL Database.
- Is the account using IIS6? If so, it must be upgraded to IIS7 before upgrading. For more information, see, Upgrading Your Windows Hosting Account to IIS 7.
- Is SSH enabled? If it's not, enabling it can migrate your account to a Web Hosting-compatible account. For more information, see Enable SSH.
To find product information, please see our hosting page.