Upload files in cPanel hosting
To upload files to your cPanel account, here's how to get to the cPanel File Manager from your account Dashboard.
Tip: Need to upload a lot of files? Create a ZIP file, upload it to your account, and unzip it there.
- Log in to your GoDaddy cPanel hosting account. (Need help opening your account?)
- In the top left-hand corner of the Dashboard, select File Manager. The cPanel File Manager opens.
- In File Manager, use the directory tree to select the destination folder, and then click Upload.
Note: cPanel uses
public_htmlas the root directory of your primary domain name's website. If you want to upload your website to the internet, this is where you should start.
- Select Select file to browse to the file you want to upload, and double-click the file to upload it immediately. You can also drag-and-drop multiple files into the box to upload them.
- If you uploaded a ZIP file, here's how to unzip it in your account.
- To upload a website for a secondary or add-on domain, verify your website's root directory before you upload the files.