Use a custom domain for my storefront
You can customize your storefront by displaying your own domain name in the web browser address bar. For example, your storefront URL can display as www.coolexample.com instead of the default secureserver.net URL.
Note: For security purposes, we limit this feature to certain pages of your storefront. When customers enter secure areas of your storefront, the default URL displays instead of your custom domain.
- Sign in to your Reseller Control Center (use your GoDaddy username and password).
- Click Settings and select Company Info.
- Under Storefront Domain Setup, enter your domain name in the field below Standard Storefront Domain.
- If the domain name you entered is registered in the same account and using our nameservers, we'll automatically update the DNS for you. To use a domain name registered elsewhere, check the box next to I manage my DNS and follow the steps provided.
- Under Home URL, add your preferred domain for your storefront home page.
- Click Save. It can take up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect.
Note: Show off your unique branding to customers — if you're using a Reseller Plugin for your storefront, we recommend setting up a subdomain, such as shop.coolexample.com or store.coolexample.com. Or, if you're using a standard storefront, we suggest setting up both a subdomain and domain forwarding like coolexample.com.
- Customize your storefront with the Reseller Plugin from WordPress and GoDaddy.
- Or, customize your standard storefront for a seamless customer experience.