What type of hosting account do I have?
Our hosting products vary by plan and type. Here's how to check what you have and decide if you'd like to upgrade.
Note: We've got Websites + Marketing plan info too.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Your hosting account type is shown under Web Hosting. Or, if you've got a WordPress Hosting account, your account type is shown under Managed WordPress.
Note: Did you install WordPress on a Linux or Windows Hosting account? That's still Linux or Windows Hosting, which is different from WordPress Hosting.
Hosting Account Types and Tiers
The account types are:
- Linux Hosting with cPanel: Linux OS (operating system) on the server, with cPanel access through the account Dashboard. You install apps like WordPress yourself, using cPanel.
- Managed WordPress Websites: We'll install WordPress for you, with access to WordPress through the account Overview.
- Business Hosting: Linux OS, with cPanel access through the account Dashboard. Includes more dedicated resources than Linux Hosting. You install apps like WordPress yourself, using cPanel.
- Windows Hosting with Plesk: Windows OS, with Plesk access through the account Dashboard. You install apps like WordPress yourself, using Plesk.
- Web Hosting Linux or Web Hosting Windows: Also known as Web & Classic Hosting. No longer available (but Help articles are).
Tiers (Economy, Deluxe, Ultimate, and so on) represent the features that come with your hosting plan - the higher the tier, the better the features. For details on the tiers for your hosting, see: